About Me

Canadian that lives in the desert of Arizona with my wonderful husband and two kids.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spooky Jar card

I was inspired to do this card from the October issue of Paper Crafts mag. They featured a nice card with the 3 jars. Because I am a Cricut fanatic...I challenged myself to do the jars and contents all from Cricut. I have the Cri-Kit markers and so I used those because they are fine tip and very pretty. Here's what I used:



Paper:
1 9 x 8 purple cardstock (folded to make a 9 x 4 card)
1 8.75 x 3/75 patterned cardstock (first layer of card)
1 8.5 x 3.5 green colored vellum (2nd layer of card)
non-textured white card stock (non textured makes the markers write smoother)


Cricut carts:
Doodlecharms for jars and circles (for eyeballs)
Paperdoll cart for spiders and snakes
Cri-Kit marker - dark grey metallic

Embellishment:
Silver tag frame
Sentiment cut out (from We R Memory Keepers Heebie Jeebies paper kit)
2 orange paper clips
Glue dots to secure sentiment and paper clips to frame
Silver glitter (sprinkled on to the frame after putting glue on the tag frame)
Pop up dots on the back of sentiment

Other:
White paint pen to mark around vellum , black and red pens to do the pupil and red bloodshot on eyes.
Ribbon on the jar lids (1/4 inch ribbon)



Here's the cut file for the jars and contents.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_S5aT2k8sZ1NjEwZGY0ZjktMzcwZC00NTI5LWE1NWQtNWU2MTJjMGM5M2Rk&hl=en

It's important to do the first tab with the markers and then DON'T remove the paper or reset it. Just remove the marker and insert blade and then hit cut again in CDS. If you don't have the markers and have some cool creepy stamps or even cut out your embellishments...you can do that instead but again I was trying to challenge myself to do the jars all from the Cricut including the markers.

Ths Spooky frame is just two paper clips slid into the holes on the Spooky tag and then I put two glue dots on the silver frame tag and then put the Spooky paper tag down so the paper clips were secure on there. The glue dots were showing through...so I was trying to think how to hide that and what sticks to glue? GLITTER! So I put glue around the whole frame and sprinkled silver glitter.




No comments: